Help to Buy South has helped hundreds of people to purchase or rent their new home.  Here are just a few of the success stories:

"I'm so proud of my new home"

After a marital split and sale of the home, many people find themselves wondering what living situation they will find themselves in. Do you privately rent? Can you afford to buy by yourself? Or do you have other options open to you?

Deborah Prime, Waterlooville, unfortunately found herself in that situation. She decided to move into privately rented accommodation, but ideally wanted to be able to become a 'home owner' again.

"A friend recommended I look into the Shared Ownership as she had just purchased a property through the scheme in Denmead. I was so impressed with her new home, as well as how affordable she found it, I decided this might be a good option for me too," explains Deborah.

"I was looking for a home suitable for me and my youngest son Lawrence, 18, who is studying at college. I registered with HomesinHants, the Help to Buy Agent for Hampshire & Isle of Wight, and shortly after found out I was eligible for the scheme."

Shared Ownership enables purchasers to buy a share in a home, paying a low cost rent on the remaining un-purchased share. With mortgage deposits based on the value of the share, buying your first home couldn't be more affordable and could even end up costing you less per month than renting a similar place privately.

Within a few weeks of registering, Deborah was sent property information on 2 and 3 bedroom houses being offered by Radian at Windmill View in Clanfield, so expressed her interest in finding out more.

"After having a financial assessment completed by an IFA, I was so excited to be offered a 2 bedroom house; it really was a dream come true! All of the rooms are so spacious and I now love my open plan lounge and kitchen."

Deborah was able to buy a 35% share in her home for £61,250, paying around £500 per month for her mortgage repayments, rent on the remaining 65%, and small service charge payments.

"I can't put into words how grateful I am to have been able to own my own home again. I'm so proud of it, can't wait to show it off and would absolutely recommend this scheme to others in a similar situation I found myself in."