Help to Buy South has helped hundreds of people to purchase or rent their new home.  Here are just a few of the success stories:

"It's great that all we needed was a £3,000 deposit

Phil Nightingale, 48, and his wife Teresa, were fortunate enough to reside within a tied cottage that came with Phil's job as a gardener in Sutton Scotney.

The couple both longed to, one day get a foot on the property ladder by buying a place of their own in Andover. But with the average house price continually on the rise, this achievement seemed far from reality.

"I was searching for properties on the internet that were within our budget when I came across the Junction Road development in Andover by Radian." Shared Ownership was advertised for the properties, and when I realised we could purchase a share in the property with a small deposit, I called Radian to find out more." explained Phil.

Shared Ownership enables purchasers to buy a share in a home, paying a low cost rent on the remaining un-purchased share. With mortgage deposits based on the value of the share, buying your first home couldn't be more affordable and could even end up costing you less per month than renting a similar place privately.

The couple went along to an open day to view the development. Talking through the Shared Ownership scheme with the team from Radian, Phil and Teresa did not hesitate to express their interest in their preferred plot.

"We were really pleased when we heard that we'd been prioritised for our favoured apartment. It wasn't long until the legal processes were soon underway; it was fairly easy and straight forward but at times seemed to take longer than we had thought."

Phil and Teresa completed on a two bedroom, top floor apartment with balcony. It has a living / dining area with open plan kitchen, and is very energy efficient. The couple purchased a 40% share in the property for £55,000, and pay approximately £650 per month in total for their mortgage repayments and rent on the remaining 60%.

"I would highly recommend this scheme to others who want to buy a place of their own. The process is extremely simple and hassle free and It's great that all we needed was a £3,000 deposit, we're now both very happy to have a place we can call our own!" said Phil.